NP and PA Section
The Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants Section was established within SIR to provide a forum in which Advanced Practice Nurses (i.e., Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists) or Physician Assistants, can work together to exchange information, education and resources to excel.
In addition to the general mission and vision of the Society as set forth in the Bylaws, the objectives of this section shall be:
- Unify Advance Practice Providers working in interventional radiology and provide a supportive environment for learning.
- Increase steady enrollment and involvement of NPs and PAs in SIR
- Distribute most up to date research on best practice measures.
- Develop and present educational programs accredited by accepted credentialing bodies.
- Provide a forum that supports NPs and PAs in IR and encourages exchange of information that will increase expertise in patient and procedural care.
2023-2024 Governing council
- Carrie Marie Hayes, MS, PA-C, Section Chair
- Angela Nash, PA, PhD, Section Vice Chair
- Brittany Sugimoto, PA, Secretary
- Lyndsey Ritze, PA, Annual Meeting Planning Committee Chair
- Jennifer Baker, NP, Clinical Practice Committee Chair
- Tali Fudim, NP, Continuing Education Committee Chair
- Nicholas Oravetz, PA-C, Membership Committee Chair
- The NP/PA Section was created to serve the NP and PA members of the SIR Associate Non-Physician category.
- Section membership is also open to all SIR members, including physicians and Clinical Nurse Specialists, who support the initiatives of this section.
- Section membership requires a current SIR membership.
- Visit your profile to verify your membership status.
- To learn more about the SIR Associate (Non-Physician Medical Professional) category, visit our membership. You may also apply online.
- Section members have access to the NP and PA SIR Connect Community and section leadership. Members will be able to join committees to help develop professional resources and activities.
NP and PA Section committees
The NP and PA section is comprised of five volunteer committees:
- NP and PA Section Governning Council
- NP and PA Annual Meeting Planning Committee
- NP and PA Clinical Practice Committee
- NP and PA Continuing Education Committee
- NP and PA Membership Committee
To learn more about these committees, visit NP and PA committees.
The NP and PA Continuing Education Committee provides newsletters highlighting current and upcoming activities for NP and PA members: