SIR announces the JVIR editor-in-chief search
Application deadline: June 7, 2019
The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) invites applications to serve as the next editor-in-chief of the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (JVIR). As the official journal of SIR, JVIR is the peer-reviewed journal of choice for interventional radiologists, radiologists, cardiologists, vascular surgeons, neurosurgeons and other clinicians.
The new editor-in-chief will be appointed in late 2019, assuming responsibility for JVIR content by October 2020. Applicants must be willing to serve for a five-year term (with the possibility of a three-year extension).
The editor-in-chief’s primary responsibilities include:
• Continuing to elevate the journal’s editorial quality, scholarship and competitive position
• Ensuring timely, thorough and unbiased peer review
• Appointing members of and providing leadership to a talented editorial board
• Serving as an ex-officio nonvoting member of the SIR Executive Council and a voting member of the SIR Foundation Board of Directors
• Be a practicing IR and an active SIR member in good standing (preferably an FSIR)
• Be a published author
• Have experience serving on the editorial board of a scholarly journal
• Be a strong leader with intellectual vision and the ability to communicate it; strong organizational skills; and experience relevant to editing a leading medical journal
• Be familiar with an online publishing environment and comfortable with digital publications
Interested individuals should submit an application package that includes:
• Current curriculum vitae
• A succinct letter of interest and qualifications, addressing how the candidate will accommodate the time demands of editing the journal
• A vision statement of 750 words or less for the next five years of publication of JVIR
• Candidate disclosure statement (available at tfaforms.com/398042)
• Three letters of recommendation, including one from your chair
Send your completed application materials to Brian Haefs, SIR director of publications (firstname.lastname@example.org).