Quality improvement involves many formulas within the healthcare infrastructure and the combined efforts of healthcare professionals, patients, payers and researchers. A systematic and analytical approach to practice quality and performance improvement are essential for ensuring and improving patient safety.
MACRA, MIPS and the Quality Payment Program
MIPS eligible clinicians who participated in the 2019 performance period of the Quality Payment Program (QPP) can submit data from January 2, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. ET until March 31, 2020 8:00 p.m. ET. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Quality Payment Program website
- Sign in using your QPP access credentials
- Submit your MIPS data for the 2019 performance period or review the data reported on your behalf by a third party
Participants can also check their 2020 MIPS eligibility through CMS’ updated Quality Payment Program Participation Status Lookup Tool. To be eligible, clinicians must exceed all three of the criteria below; however, clinicians meeting some but not all of these criteria may “opt in”:
- Bill more than $90,000 a year in allowed charges under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS)
- Provide professional services to more than 200 Medicare Part B beneficiaries
- Provide more than 200 covered professional services under the MPFS
Questions? Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov.
For more detailed information and updates about MACRA, MIPS and QPP, please visit MACRA Matters.
It is critical to engage your practice in meeting the requirements of the QPP today by participating in the IR Registry. Members should contact practice managers now and discuss the steps to participate in this registry. ACR’s participation agreement should be part of this discussion and is available for download here.
View this step-by-step instructional video on how to submit MIPS data.