Thank you for agreeing to be a Residency Essentials module developer. This course will standardize a significant portion of didactic material expected to be included in Interventional Radiology training. All resource material can be found on the right side of this webpage within the resource section.
Please read the 5 steps below before building your module.
Step 1: Module developer agreement
Please complete the Residency Essentials Module Developer Agreement. This form must be completed before you start any work on developing your module.
Step 2: Review the module developer resources (see links to the right)
- Learning objective writing
- Question writing
- Video editing requests
- Required and Supplemental Reading Material Guidance
- Contact information
Curriculum Topics with Syllabus reference
- Quick guide: find your assigned topic and know where exactly to go within the syllabus to review your sections.
- List of all topics and subtopics of the curriculum. Please review to ensure all sections are covered in your module. It is also a reference to see what other topics are covered in other modules.
Step 3: Module development submission form
Download and review the Module Development Content Submission Form. This should not be completed yet, but it should be reviewed and understood before the next step so you know what is expected. You can also review the sample of a completed module development form.
Step 4: Build your module
Begin building your module by reviewing the syllabus document and chosing approved video and print content. PLEASE NOTE: If you are choosing primary research material, either in video or written format, please make sure that the concepts being presented are fundamental and core to a universal IR curriculum. This will prevent confusion between new and niche topics and core principles. New updates that are relevant for trainees to be aware of can be added to 'supplemental materials' for trainees to review.
- Syllabus document - use this document to review the necessary sections to cover in your module
- Choose video content - you have four ways to consider and choose your video content:
- Live meeting presentation spreadsheet - this is a listing of all video content available from SIR broken down by topic area.
- Webinar content spreadsheet - this is a listing of all recorded webinars by SIR and SIR sections.
- Learning Center - We've created a special account for module developers.
- Log in with the below credentials:
- User name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: sir1234
- Sample module.
- Digital Video Libraries
- IR Basics (presentations from 2017 Fellows Spring Practicum)
- 2019 Y-90
- OneDrive/Share Drive - click link to view presentations from 2017-2019 Fellows Spring Practicum
- Choose reading content
- Required reading must come from either JVIR, TVIR or Seminars in IR. Supplemental reading can come from any source.
- Required or supplemental reading can also come from the RFS Journal Primers and/or Survival Guides.
If there are any presentations you are having difficulties finding or you would like to review one of our many webinars, please send your request by email to Elizabeth Nicholson at email@example.com.
Step 5: Submit
Submit your completed Module Development Content Submission Form to Elizabeth Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org.