The Practicum provides attendees with the most current and beneficial information as they begin their first years of practice in IR.
Designed to prepare graduating residents for practice in both academic and private practice settings, the practicum covers a diverse range of topics, including:
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Interventional Oncology
- Venous Interventions
- Men & Women's Health
- Pain Management
- And the Business of IR
This course is designed for graduating IR Integrated and IR Independent Residents. This course also benefits PGY-5 DR residents, early career IRs and IR trainees worldwide.
- Discuss the broad spectrum of modern IR practice from the medical management of PAD patients to appropriate evaluation and treatment of Interventional Oncology patients.
- Explain how to set up and maintain an IR clinic and manage the competition.
- Discuss the latest data with regard to the endovascular management of various IR treatments.
- Business tools and resources that will be helpful in the first few years of practice.
Registration for the IR Residency Practicum includes access to the live-in person event and access to presented slides.
While the Practicum is open for IRs in various stages of learning, it is designed for graduating IR Integrated PGY-6 residents and graduating IR Independent PGY-6 (ESIR) and PGY-7 residents.