We invite you to join the growing global community of members who are building the specialty of IR around the world. SIR offers a variety of membership categories for every member of the IR team throughout their careers, regardless of where you live and practice in the world.
Any physician who is board certified in diagnostic radiology and practice interventional radiology may apply for full active membership, regardless of practice location. Additionally, SIR offers corresponding membership to those physicians who live and practice outside of the United States and have earned a designation equivalent to a board certicate in radiology.
Benefits of international corresponding membership:
- Member registration discount for the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting. Experience five days of hands-on training, plenary sessions, scientific sessions, categorical courses, symposia, workshops and enjoyable social events with a diverse faculty of experts from around the world.
- JVIR. Access the leading scientific, peer-reviewed journal in interventional radiology in print and online.
- Doctor finder. Help patients find you in your country. Personalize your Doctor Finder listing, including what languages you speak.
- SIR Connect. Share interests, challenges and successes with your peers in this members-only discussion forum.
- Discounts on other SIR products and education. Patient information brochures, training and education materials, referral products, plus much more in the IR Store.
- Subscription to IR Quarterly, SIR’s magazine focusing on critical IR updates augmented with stories, interviews and in-depth analysis. Read more on membership benefits.
Click here to begin the application process. Benefits will begin once the application and all supporting documentation has been received by the SIR Membership Applications Committee. If you need a list of SIR members in your country to identify someone you know to recommend you, please contact the SIR membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a verified member of an official SIR Liaison Society, you may not need to submit the required letters of recommendation with your membership application.
SIR offers three level of trainee membership—medical students, residents and fellows-in-training. Regardless of geographic location, whether you are enrolled in an international medical school or are participating in international residency or post-residency fellowship training, we welcome you to join our vibrant community that is shaping the future of interventional radiology. Learn more.
Fellowship is one of the most prestigious honors granted to SIR's active and corresponding members and is the ultimate recognition of professional achievement.
Based on outstanding credentials, achievements and community contributions to internvetional radiology medicine and SIR and SIR Foundation, those who are elected to fellowship signal to peers and patients their commitment to quality IR care through use of the FSIR designation. Fellows of the SIR come from all disease states within interventional radiology.