The operations committee represents the executive council between meetings of the council and provides liaison to divisions and committees, as appropriate. The officers of the society shall be the president, president-elect, secretary, and treasurer. The president, president-elect and secretary of SIR are the voting members of the operations committee of the executive council. The immediate past president, treasurer, SIR Foundation chair and a rotating executive council member are nonvoting invited guests of the operations committee, along with the SIR Executive Director. Between meetings of the executive council, the operations committee has all the powers and responsibilities of the executive council and may conduct any business matter that requires attention.
They are joined on biweekly calls by the immediate past president, treasurer and the chair of the SIR Foundation.
2020-2021 Operations committee
Michael D. Dake, MD, FSIR - President
Matthew Johnson, MD, FSIR - President-elect
Parag Patel, MD, FSIR - Secretary
Filip Banovac, MD, FSIR - Treasurer
Laura Findeiss, MD, FSIR - Immediate Past President
Katharine Krol, MD, FSIR - SIR Foundation Chair
Susan E. Sedory, MA, CAE - Executive Director, ex officio
The president is the presiding officer of the society. He/she presides over the annual members' business meeting and is the principal spokesperson for the organization.
The president-elect is the presiding officer of the executive council and presides over council meetings.
The secretary is responsible for ensuring a current and permanent record of the proceedings of the society is kept, that minutes of the annual members business meeting are distributed each year, and that a list of the members is maintained and accessible to members. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the safekeeping of all records and transactions of the society, which possess historical value. The secretary is an elected position. Eligibility criteria for secretary:
- Is an interventional radiologist
- Must be an active member of the society
- Shall have been a member of the SIR Executive Council for at least two years
- Has been and shall be actively involved in interventional radiology
- Shall have demonstrated extensive knowledge of the workings of the executive council
- Shall have exhibited a desire to move forward in the leadership ascension and to continue developing as a leader
- Shall have experience or ability to politically interact with other related medical specialty organizations and/or government agencies and to serve as a future ambassador for SIR
- Shall have demonstrated significant dedication and commitment to SIR and the specialty of interventional radiology
The treasurer is responsible for the collection of and accountability for all funds of the Society and the disbursement of funds as approved by the executive council. The treasurer oversees the budgeting process including budgeting and accounting for expenditures and assists the executive council in exercising its fiduciary duty. He/she makes a full financial report and presents a budget for the following year at the annual members' business meeting.