The Operations Committee represents the Executive Council between meetings of the council and provides liaison to divisions and committees, as appropriate. The president, president-elect, secretary and treasurer are the officers of the Society. The president, president-elect and secretary form the Operations Committee. They are joined on biweekly calls by the immediate past president, treasurer and the chair of the SIR Foundation.
2018-2019 Operations Committee
M. Victoria Marx, MD, FSIR - President
Laura Findeiss, MD, FSIR - President-elect
Michael D. Dake, MD, FSIR - Secretary
Matthew Johnson, MD, FSIR - Treasurer
Suresh Vedantham, MD, FSIR - Immediate Past President
Jeremy C. Durack, MD, MS, FSIR - SIR Foundation Chair
Susan E. Sedory, MA, CAE - Executive Director, ex-officio
The president is the presiding officer of the Society. He/she presides over the Annual Members Business Meeting and is the principal spokesperson for the organization.
The president-elect is the presiding officer of the Executive Council and presides over Council meetings.
The secretary is responsible for ensuring a current and permanent record of the proceedings of the Society is kept, that minutes of the Annual Members Business Meeting are distributed each year, and that a list of the members is maintained and accessible to members. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the safekeeping of all records and transactions of the Society, which possess historical value. The secretary is an elected position. Eligibility criteria for secretary:
- Is an interventional radiologist
- Must be an active member of the Society
- Shall have been a member of the SIR Executive Council for at least two years
- Has been and shall be actively involved in interventional radiology
- Shall have demonstrated extensive knowledge of the workings of the Executive Council
- Shall have exhibited a desire to move forward in the leadership ascension and to continue developing as a leader
- Shall have experience or ability to politically interact with other related medical specialty organizations and/or government agencies and to serve as a future ambassador for SIR
- Shall have demonstrated significant dedication and commitment to SIR and the specialty of interventional radiology
The treasurer is responsible for the collection of and accountability for all funds of the Society and the disbursement of funds as approved by the Executive Council. The treasurer oversees the budgeting process including budgeting and accounting for expenditures and assists the Executive Council in exercising its fiduciary duty. He/she makes a full financial report and presents a budget for the following year at the Annual Members Business Meeting of the