Y-90: The Complete Course
Note: The hotel and registration deadline is Dec. 16, 2016.
Y-90: The Complete Course is back in San Francisco, January 2017
Build valuable relationships with 150 IRs and faculty experts who have particular focus in IO. Features motivated learners in an intimate environment, with hands-on training opportunities. Check out this album from the 2015 Y90 course.
Note: The hotel and registration deadline is Dec. 16, 2016.
Y-90: The Complete Course—Need to Know
- Not yet an Authorized User? This is an ideal opportunity to fulfill some of the requirements to qualify to apply for Authorized User (AU) status to ensure you are providing your patients the very best in oncologic and clinical care.
- Hone radioembolization techniques, learn about current algorithms and outcomes and benefit from a summary of the latest in Y-90 literature.
- If you are considering a focus in IO (one of the fastest-growing area in interventional radiology), Y-90: The Complete Course will provide practical insights and essentials to get you started.
For information contact Jennifer Rowley, (703) 460-5595.
Aravind Arepally, MD, FSIR
Daniel B. Brown, MD, FSIR
Daniel Sze, MD, PhD, FSIR
Matthew S. Johnson, MD, FSIR
Robert J. Lewandowski, MD, FSIR
Riad Salem, MD, MBA, FSIR
This two and a half-day course, designed with lectures, panel discussions, case vignettes and hands-on workshops, will offer the most in-depth, comprehensive and challenging curriculum available for clinical teams interested in initiating, developing, or strengthening their practice in this exciting aspect of interventional oncology. New this year—Y-90: The Complete Course has been reformatted to include case presentations through the course, combining the lectures and elements included in previous Authorized User (AU) and Advanced Y-90 courses. New case scenarios and vignettes will highlight more complex topics, such as challenging anatomy, therapy for specific primary and secondary hepatic malignancies—including radioembolization in combination with other therapies, retreatment, post procedural care and follow up, and management of complications. The online prerequisite work and participation in this course incorporates the requisite training for official SIR validation, via completion certificate, of the IR attendee as qualified to apply for AU status for intra-arterial Y-90 in the treatment of hepatic malignancies.
Y-90: The Complete Course will provide focused educational opportunities for interventional radiologists and trainees interested in initiating, developing, or strengthening their practice in using intra-arterial Y-90 in the treatment of hepatic malignancies.
Upon completion of this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss the current algorithms and outcomes for treatment of primary and secondary hepatic malignancies inclusive of surgical, medical and transarterial therapies and explore the ideal sequencing of radioembolization in those algorithms
- Describe advanced radioembolization techniques
- Describe best practice in Y-90 radiation safety and dose management
- Describe advanced radiation physics and various methods of calculation of dosimetry and how they vary between available platforms
- Explain advanced dosimetry and treatment concepts
- Identify therapies used in combination with radioembolization for hepatic malignancy
- Summarize a state-of-the-art literature review of Y-90 radioembolization
- Demonstrate hands-on advanced microcatheterization and embolization skills pertinent to device delivery
Grand Hyatt San Francisco
345 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
Make your hotel reservations online now. Or, call (415) 848-6133 and reference "SIR Y-90 Oncology Meeting" to get the meeting rate. The room rate is $269 single/double per night. The hotel reservation deadline is Friday, Dec. 16, 2016.
Accreditation and CME Information
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) is accredited by the ACCME to provide medical education for physicians.
The Society of Interventional Radiology designates this live activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
SIR Participation Policy
Society of Interventional Radiology staff, members, nonmembers and event participants must be treated with respect in all interactions (including but not limited to in-person, telephone or via written communications). All agree to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for health care professionals. Staff offices and the press room at meeting sites are reserved for official business only; food and beverage service in these areas are reserved for staff and volunteer members. If a staff member believes that these rules have been violated or acceptable social decorum has otherwise been breached, the staff member shall contact one of the designated individuals in the volunteer leadership to help with the situation. If the member in question believes that he/she has been wrongly accused of inappropriate behavior, he/she shall also contact the designated physician leadership to help with the situation.
SIR Photo Disclaimer
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, the Society of Interventional Radiology's meetings and other activities constitute an agreement by the registrant/attendee to SIR's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant's or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audio tapes ("images/recordings") of such events and activities. Registrant/attendee acknowledges and agrees that SIR's use or distribution of such images/recordings may be worldwide and in any medium; that SIR may identify registrants or attendees in such images or recordings; and that registrants/attendees have no right to any compensation for such uses.