Society of Interventional Radiology
The Society of Interventional Radiology is a national organization of physicians, scientists and allied health professionals dedicated to improving public health through disease management and minimally invasive, image-guided therapeutic interventions.
Interventional radiology revolutionizes health care by continually inventing new image-guided treatments for the benefit of the patients.
The mission of the Society of Interventional Radiology is to improve patient care through image-guided therapy.
- Leadership: SIR and its members lead in the development, advancement and maintenance of minimally invasive, image-guided therapies.
- Innovation: SIR advances the creative and innovative spirit of interventional radiology, supporting research, procedures and technology that improve patient care.
- Scholarship: SIR and its members are devoted to building their specialty through the advancement of medical knowledge and the practice of evidence-based medicine.
- Patient care: SIR members provide the highest quality care to patients and value to professional colleagues.
- Excellence: SIR and its members are committed to developing and maintaining the highest standards of excellence in patient care, integrating disease management, imaging and technical expertise and image-guided therapies.
- Ethics: SIR and its members adhere to the highest standards of ethical behavior, placing the interests of patients first.